JTE Year-End Wrap-Up Reminders
The end of the year is upon us. Here a few things to keep in mind regarding the Journey to Excellence process:
Final scores for 2011 will be determined on Jan. 31, 2012.
- Finance measures will be based upon the closing transmittal for December. Audit adjustments transmitted during January will be included. Any council that has not closed its books by Jan. 31 will not receive points for the finance criteria.
- Membership measures, as well as commissioner service, district leadership, and unit leadership will be determined upon the membership closing date for December.
- Advancements will be measured based upon the date they are entered in the system. Those entered in January after the closing of the year will be counted for 2012, even if their effective date was 2011.
- Unit visitations and service hours will be counted when they are entered in the system. Like advancements, any entered in January will be counted for 2012.
- Camping numbers for 2011 reflect the reports from each council. They include the number of campers from the council attending any camp. They do not include out-of-council campers attending your camp.
- Youth-serving executive ratio to total available youth will be determined when a final report is received in January. The count of youth-serving executives is not based upon the December number alone, but the modal average, which is the typical count during the year.
- Council leadership accomplishments will be based upon reports received by the Mission Impact Team by Jan. 6.
Councils will determine the final scores for their districts. It will be necessary to gather reports from various sources. It is suggested that districts retain this information to assist in goal planning and tracking for 2012. Here are some reports that will be needed:
- Objectives progress reports from ScoutNET, including total available youth.
- Retention rate and trained leader reports from MyBSA.
- Locally developed reports tracking unit performance, finance, camping, district leadership, nominating process, district committee meetings, and chartered organization visits.
- Reports for advancements and unit visits showing the totals for each district will be distributed to each council by the middle of January.
For 2012, some tools have been developed to help districts track and report their progress on their Journey to Excellence. The 2011 reports will be needed for these tools. To download the 2012 tools and instructions, visit the JTE support site at scouting.org/JTE.aspx.