BSA Medical Plan: Comparison Tools Will Help You Shop for Health Care Services
Available now, you have two new tools on myuhc.com to help you choose a medical plan and shop for health care services—the Plan Cost Estimator and myHealthcare Cost Estimator.
Plan Cost Estimator
When it’s time to select a medical plan that meets your needs and fits within your budget, the Plan Cost Estimator can help.
With the custom Plan Cost Estimator you can:
- Compare cost differences between the BSA’s HSA and Traditional PPO plans.
- Get detailed comparisons for premiums, out-of-pocket costs, per-paycheck contributions, and more.
- Determine how much money to set aside for your health savings account.
You don’t even need to enter plan information—the tool will take care of entering all the information you need to make a decision
It only takes three steps to select a plan:
- Enter your family members who will be covered under the plan.
- Provide health information for those who will be covered. This includes their health conditions and any procedures or medications.
- Compare your options. Based on the information you provide, you will get an estimate of what you will pay and what options you have.
To access the Plan Cost Estimator, go to www.pcestimator.com and enter the following login credentials:
- Username: BoyScouts2012
- Password: benefits
myHealthcare Cost Estimator
The myHealthcare Cost Estimator helps you make informed decisions about your health care. Prior to going to the doctor for a planned surgery, treatment, or any other health care service, it is important to know the “4 Ps.” This information will help you make better choices about your health care:
Know your Procedure: Become educated on your procedure and learn about alternative treatment options that may be more cost-effective.
Know your Provider: Identify UnitedHealth Premium® providers who have met national industry quality guidelines and local market cost-efficiency benchmarks, where available.
Know your Price: Estimate out-of-pocket costs for your procedure based on your specific health plan.
Know the Place: Find a provider based on your geographic search criteria, view maps, and print directions.
- Log on to myuhc.com and click on the “Estimate Health Care Costs” link.
- Look up a symptom, treatment, or test.
- Choose your care path—learn about the care, cost and time to treat your condition.
- Learn the costs ahead of time to help you plan. Create a customized estimate based on your plan details (e.g., deductible and out-of-pocket maximum) and preferred provider and facilities.
For questions on the Plan Cost Estimator or myHealthcare Cost Estimator, call member Services at 800-632-3203.