Voice of the Scout Surveys Released
Voice of the Scout surveys were released on Monday, Sept. 24. Here is an overview of this year’s VOS process:
Survey Period: September 24 – October 26
Survey Releases: 3,000 surveys per hour; 917,000 possible addresses nationwide
Reminder Notices: Non-responders will receive an email one week after their initial invite is sent
Dashboard Live: When responses are submitted they will be aggregated on the VOS dashboard and displayed Nov. 8
Remember, respondents who score Scouting low on the NPS questions will be asked if they want someone from your council to contact them. Please prioritize responses to these “Experience Recovery Notices”—a running list of these requests is provided as a real-time report on your MyBSA home page.
How to turn on and assign staff access to your Experience Recovery Tracker, via the MyBSA Administrator:
1. Go to the “Administration” tab on MyBSA Home
2. Select “Access to Home Page” link
3. Activate the VOS reports for staff that are identified by the SE.
To help guide this outreach, an Experience Recovery template script is available online.
Additional training and promotional material are also available:
- Council – Agenda for Board Meetings
- Council – Agenda for District Commissioner Meetings
- Council – Agenda for District Committee Meetings
- Council – Agenda for Roundtables
- VOS General Promotion Flyer- Letter
- VOS General Promotion Flyer-Four Up
- VOS Template Fall Newsletter Release
- Council – VOS Experience Recovery call report
- Council – Sample SE response to all members and leaders
Thank you for being a part of this important program geared to improve the Scouting experience to a growing membership.