Finance Impact e-Letter: Nov. 1 Issue Highlights Online Giving Efforts, More
The Nov. 1 issue of the Finance Impact e-Letter has been published and is available online.
As we approach year’s end, the focus moves toward online giving. There is no doubt that this is a growing element of fundraising. A Place to Give, the user-friendly website specifically designed to assist councils in this area, has raised more than $300,000 since its inception. And, as of Sept. 30, the Blackbaud Kintera online-giving portal has already surpassed its Dec. 31, 2011, total online giving by 6.6 percent. Traditionally, online giving increases during the fourth quarter of the year. In this edition of the e-Letter, readers will learn more about A Place to Give. Also in this issue are articles outlining:
- How to properly account/classify grants
- Accountable plan policy template that councils can modify to suit their needs
- Opportunity to attend the planned-giving workshop at Florida Sea Base in February 2013
- Update on BSA Asset Management
- Ideas for ensuring councils improve the probability that their email campaigns are read by the intended audiences
- Online enrollment for the Council Accident and Sickness Plan
- Development and fiscal management webinars, including various year-end close webinars
To read the entire issue, click the link above or on the image at left. Previous issues of the newsletter are available by following the links under the BSA Newsletters header at right.