Incident Reporting Kits—Next Steps
As previewed in the Dec. 6, 2012, issue of Scout Wire, Incident Reporting Kits, No. 680-147, are now being delivered to your council. You should have received a shipment that contained one kit for each of the council’s professional staff. If you have received too many or need a few more, please call the Supply Group’s customer service number.
So what’s next? Here are a few suggestions:
- Distribute a kit to your council’s field personnel, camp rangers, and unit-serving executives.
- Make sure they know what the emergency contact numbers are specific for your council.
- Have them keep an Incident Reporting Kit with them in their travels.
- We suggest your next staff meeting include someone from your enterprise risk management committee leadership to review with staff when and how to report incidents.
- Include an article about the updated “Incident Reporting” chapter of the Guide to Safe Scouting in your newsletters, blogs, and website.
- Throw out any of the old “pink folders” that you may have lying around.
Now is also a good time for your system administrator to make sure that personnel who will enter the incidents have access, and anyone whose job duties have changed had their access removed.