Get an Aerial View of Progress at the Summit
We know there are a ton of questions surrounding construction at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve. The big question is: Will it be ready for the 2013 National Scout Jamboree?
In a word, yes.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s going on in West Virginia:
- Lakes are filling, and the last of the base camps are being completed.
- High Gear and Low Gear mountain bike trails are complete and awaiting the spring manicure prior to the jamboree.
- The Park—skateboarding central—is well under construction, as is the BMX area, the Trax.
- The Rocks climbing area is complete except for some finish work.
- The Barrels shooting sports area is coming together nicely.
- The Cloud technology site is prepared and awaiting the arrival of Tech Quest components.
- The Canopy zip lines are essentially complete.
Sounds pretty good, but seeing is believing, right? So team Summit put together a flyover video at the behest of Summit Director Dan McCarthy to show you how things are going. Do you like what you see? Head to our Facebook page and let us know what you think!