2013 Top Hands Steering Committee Named
John Mosby, Scout executive of the Narragansett Council in Providence, Rhode Island, has agreed to chair the 2013 Top Hands Steering Committee. This committee will represent field personnel as well as serve in key leadership roles in the planning and execution of the annual Top Hands meetings. Its members have been charged with evaluating all aspects of the conference, identifying and leading opportunities for improvement, integrating innovation, and enhancing training opportunities.
The committee also will provide leadership to a number of activities during the conference, including exhibits, electives, meal programs, and general sessions. Selected national staff members have been tasked with serving as advisors to the committee.
To ensure continuity from year to year, Jason Stein, Scout executive of the Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council in San Jose, California, has agreed to serve as the 2014 chairman. If you have any ideas and suggestions on conference improvements, please feel free to share them with this team.
Committee members include:
- Carol Whitebook—Scout executive, Cherokee Area Council, Bartlesville, Okla.
- Charles Flowers—Scout executive, Connecticut Yankee Council, Milford, Conn.
- Dennis Kohl—Scout executive, Patriots’ Path Council, Florham, N.J.
- Don Ellis—Scout executive, Southeast Louisiana Council, New Orleans, La.
- Ernesto Carballo—Scout executive, Rio Grande Council, Harlingen, Texas
- Greg Graham—Scout executive, Southwest Florida Council, Fort. Myers, Fla.
- James Nolan—Scout executive, Tecumseh Council, Springfield, Ohio
- J.T. Dabbs—Scout executive, Greater Alabama Council, Birmingham, Ala.
- Kevin Patterson—Scout executive, Crater Lake Council, Central Point, Ore.
- Michael Hale—Scout executive, Northeast Illinois Council, Highland Park, Ill.
- Michael Johnson—Scout executive, Quivira Council, Wichita, Kan.
- Richard Fisher—Scout executive, Great Lakes FSC, Detroit, Mich.
- Robert Nakagawa—Scout executive, Maui County Council, Wailuku Maui, Hawaii
- Russell Etzenhouser—Scout executive, Greater Niagara Frontier Council, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Doug Krofina—team leader, Center for Professional Development
- Mark Griffin—team leader, Volunteer Development
- Marty Teare—team leader, Meeting Management
- Dick Schmidt—project manager, Initiatives Management Office
- Sara Shepard—team leader, National Support Center