New and Improved Hiring Tools Available on the HR Gateway
The hiring season is upon us and we’ve just launched some new and updated resources to assist with the recruiting and employment process.
- Recruiting Plan: A complete checklist for all points in the recruiting process, including steps to take when you do not have an opening, as well as what to do after a new employee begins.
- Recruiting Materials: Full-page fliers you can print immediately and pamphlets you can order from the national office. Request recruiting materials from Pro.Scouts@Scouting.org.
- Post your open positions on Scouting.org/Careers. Obtain greater exposure for your openings and decrease your time-to-hire.
- Onboarding and E-Learning Curriculum Guide for New Professionals
- Application for Professional Commission:
- The application updated earlier this year is the only application accepted. If previous versions are submitted, candidates will be requested to complete the new application.
- We have experienced technical difficulties receiving faxed applications. Councils or candidates may call 972-580-2042 or email Pro.Scouts@scouting.org to ensure the faxed information has been received.
- An additional fax number (972-580-7895) has been made available to receive applications.
- Faxes will continue to be accepted at the 972-580-2468 number stated on the application.
- We are researching additional alternatives to obtain commissioned applications for approval. Your patience is appreciated.
- Entry-level positions are no longer posted with the experienced positions on the HR Gateway. All entry-level vacancies are posted on the Scouting.org/Careers site.
- The Employment Processes Webinar from June is now posted on the HR Gateway.
How to Find the HR Gateway:
On MyBSA: MyBSA.org > Resources > HR Gateway (near Authorization Code Request and PDS Goals)
From the HR Gateway landing page: HR Gateway > Manager Resources > Recruiting and Employment
Questions about any of these items or employment processes can be sent to Pro.Scouts@Scouting.org.