Reminder: 2013 Shooting Sports Grant Applications Being Accepted
Shooting sports programs are popular activities for Scouts of all ages, and the Boy Scouts of America adheres to its longstanding policy of teaching its youth and adult members the safe, responsible, and intelligent ways to handle, care for, and use firearms, rifles, and BB guns in planned, carefully managed, and supervised programs.
The goal is to promote recruiting and retention of membership through shooting sports initiatives.
Shooting Sports Grant Application Guidelines
- Projects must be for the development and implementation of a new shooting sports program or initiative. This does not include firearms and ammunition.
- Grant applications must be approved by council leadership.
- The maximum grant award is $10,000.
- The project must be completed by August 31, 2014.
- A final report must be sent to Outdoor Programs by December 31, 2014. The report should include a description of the project, proposed and final budget, volunteer labor, donated materials, photographs of the completed project, and outcome data (such as customer satisfaction surveys, participation records, or other supporting data).
Shooting sports grant applications are due October 31, 2013. The selection committee will review all applications and notify applicants by January 31, 2014.