New Course Offered During 2014 Commissioner Week at Philmont
Commissioner Week at the Philmont Training Center for 2014 will be Week 2: June 15-21. All of the conferences offered last year will be offered again this year and, as in the past, the Commissioner College will be held on Friday.
Conference offerings for 2014 include:
- The Council Commissioner and Assistant Council Commissioner
- The District Commissioner and Assistant District Commissioner
- The Unit Commissioner
- Effective Roundtables
- How to Conduct a Commissioner College
- Commissioner Service for Non-Traditional or Faith-Based Units*
* Commissioner Service for Non-Traditional or Faith-Based Units is being offered for the first time this year. This conference has been one of the most requested in the past several years. Some of the topics in the conference outline include:
- Introduction to non-traditional units and multicultural markets and how to provide commissioner service to rural, urban, Learning for Life, Asian, Hispanic, African American, Native American, single-parent, and home-schooled youth units
- Introduction to various faith-based units and how to provide commissioner service to Christian, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Jewish, Islamic, and Buddhist units and the importance of faith-based units
- An overview of resources available to support these types of units
- Recognitions for support of non-traditional units, which include the William D. Boyce New-Unit Organizer Award, the Founders Bar, the Community Organization Award, the Asian American Spirit Award, and the Shofar Award
Rather than two faculty members, this conference will have facilitators and feature guest speakers who have knowledge in each of these areas.
How to Register
View the full 2014 conference schedule. Find additional information and register for courses at: http://www.philmontscoutranch.org/PTC/ConferencesE.aspx.
While visiting the PTC Conferences website, download the Conference Brochure for 2014 and the Family Program Brochure. Bring the family along! They will have a great time, and it will be a memorable experience for them.
Please consider making a personal commitment to attend one of the conferences offered this year. You will not be disappointed!
If you have any questions about commissioner training, please contact Tim Acree, national commissioner support staff chairman for training, at firstname.lastname@example.org.