New, Simplified Annual Health and Medical Record
In preparation for the summer camp season, we are rolling out a new, simplified annual health and medical record effective March 1, 2014. Thanks to many employees and volunteers who provided constructive feedback on how we could make the record easier to use while still collecting the information needed to make sure our Scouts are ready for their experience. To learn more, we invite you to participate in a webinar on April 4 at 1 p.m. Central time. On April 4, log on to http://www.livestream.com/bsanationalcouncil.
Some of the key updates are:
- The primary version will be in English. The existing bilingual version will remain available.
- Part A (Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization) will contain no medical information and will be shorter by one page.
- Part B (General Information/Health History) will include only the most important information needed.
- Part C (Pre-Participation Physical) will be reduced to one page with expanded sections for explanations of allergies.
- Supplemental Risk Advisory (former Part D) will be shortened and be location specific. This is designed to take to physicians so they will better understand what activities their patients will participate in.
- A redesign of the landing page for the annual health and medical record website so participants and parents will be able to download only what they need.
We need your help in eliminating all references to any prior versions of the record within council literature, leader guides, websites, and chartered unit materials.
Please host only this link: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx. Don’t print out the record unless absolutely necessary. If you have previously hosted parts of the annual health and medical record, delete the PDFs; don’t just hide the link.
If you have questions about this updated record, please contact email@example.com.