Announcing 2014 Boys’ Life Mini-Mag
The 2014 Boys’ Life mini-mags will arrive at council offices around July 21, 2014. Quantities per council will be approximately the same as last year. The 51/2-by-71/2-inch mini-mag is a miniature edition of Boys’ Life magazine. Editorial content will be reprinted columns and articles from recent Cub Scout editions of Boys’ Life.
There is no cost to councils for the mini-mags provided annually by Boys’ Life. The purpose of the mini-mag is to aid unit-serving executives and volunteer leaders with the acquisition of new Boys’ Life subscriptions.
1. Get mini-mags into the hands of your unit membership chairs for distribution at Scout nights, boy talks, craft fairs, field days, or other community events.
2. Offer a mini-mag or two to current Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, encouraging them to share it with non-Scouting friends.
3. Use in addition to your recruitment fliers for a stronger marketing effort.
4. Keep a cache of mini-mags in the council office and with each district and unit membership chair or district executive to use in recruiting throughout the year.
5. Need more mini-mags? We have plenty!
Want some fresh recruiting ideas? Check out http://scouting.org/membership.