Scholarships Available for NextConnect National Marketing Summits—Register Now!
David Weekley, the newly elected national vice president of marketing of the Boy Scouts of America, wants to make you aware of special scholarship funds that have become available to help offset travel expenses so every council can send at least one volunteer to the NextConnect conferences Aug. 7-8 in Dallas or Aug. 11-12 in Chicago.
The scholarship dollars will be provided for the volunteer who you believe can become a spark plug for greater effectiveness in your council. The Marketing Group will provide scholarships as follows:
- Class 300 councils and smaller: $500 for one volunteer to attend.
- Class 200 councils: $500 each for two volunteers to attend.
- Class 100 councils: $500 each for three volunteers to attend.
After the conference events, your council (if a volunteer attends) will receive a check for the appropriate amount.
The scholarship amount should offset most, if not all, of the travel-related expenses to attend…and of course, there are no conference fees and meals are complimentary during the conference. What a great deal!
No documentation needs to be completed. If a volunteer from your council attends, after the event your council will receive a check for the appropriate amount listed above.
Register today! Log on to www.scouting.org/nextconnect to learn more and to register for this year’s Marketing Summits.
Dallas – August 7-8, 2014
Chicago – August 11-12, 2014
With new BSA research and strategic insights at play, it has never been more critical that we reach out to families in innovative ways. From the latest in digital and social media techniques to new recruitment campaign materials, you’ll learn how to market the Scouting experience to busy moms and families. Hear the latest in consumer research about what motivates Mom and her son to join. Learn how to make sure that every boy in your community has the opportunity to engage in the life-changing experiences only Scouting can provide. Discover ways to engage families through experiential marketing. Making connections … that “next connection” … is what it’s all about at NextConnect ’14. Learn more at www.scouting.org/nextconnect!
NO CONFERENCE FEES!
Complimentary meals will be provided during the conference.
(Attendees responsible for travel and hotel costs.)
Open to all council staff and volunteers!
To learn more about the conference, dates, locations, speakers and to register for this year’s Marketing Summits, click: www.scouting.org/nextconnect.
- The “Authenticity Gap” research study and consumer insight data
- “Go Time!” strategic marketing platform and new campaign materials
- The BSA’s new “Experience-Oriented Scouting” approach
- Busy mom’s and families as key target audiences
- Today’s changing family dynamics and decision-making processes
- New ways to help make “the ask” through experiential marketing
- Activating “influencer parents” through robust social media campaigns